February 18, 2020 Lunch with Charlie on 2/19/20There will be a Lunch with Charlie tomorrow Wednesday February 19, 2020 at 1130 AM at Three Brothers in Prince Frederick.
I will see you there.**
February 17, 2020 Death of Brother John FasickIt is with the Deepest Sadness that the Retired Association membership is notified of the passing of Past FOP Treasurer Brother John Fasick # 830 on February 15, 2020. John joined the department in 1976 and retired in 1992. He was 71 years old. Brother Fasick’s son just recently past away he was 42 years old.Please keep Brother Fasick’s wife, Carol, in your prayers.The service will be private.**
February 10, 2020 National FOP News
February 18, 2020 Florida 2020 Reunion
Retirees Florida Summer Reunion
Plantation on Crystal River
June 4-8th 2020
Prince Geo County Police Reunion
Res: (800) 632-6262
Choice International Members:
Call me/email me with issues
Gary D. Johnson
9301 West Fort Island Rd.
Crystal River, Fl. 34429
June 4-8, 2020
· Dead Line date MAY 5TH 2020
30 (maybe more) Rooms available
· Rooms: Thus & Sun $109.00 + tax and State fees
· Rooms: Fri & Sat $135.00 + tax and State Fee’s
· Hospitality Suite (No liquor to be taken to pool).
· Banquet Room (pending on number of people) we’re trying to keep everything on Campus. Costs are no more than the area Fee: ( $192.39) and $41.19 pp for the Saturday Night Dinner Buffet
· Hotel Bar with Live nightly entertainment
· Golf to be handled by Bruce Lyons. All questions go to him (941) 276-5877.
· Boat, Pontoon and Kayak rentals for the Manatee’s and River (Crystal Clear) Sunset outings with Drinks available. (Suggested for Sat night)
· Breakfast buffet on Sat and Sun
· Bring your own boats and kayaks you are able to moor near the Inn or put your kayaks on your room patio.
· Launching and mooring sights on premise.
· Spa on Premise
· Much more. Review look at the web site.
45 minutes from Tampa Airport
In the very near future an online reservation site will be set up for us under or Group Name:Prince Georges County Police Retirees Reunion. An email will be sent out when the site is established.
Please read the banquet and dinner menu for the different buffets available and get back to me on which one appeals to you. Majority will prevail.
—Gary D. JohnsonCell: 941.626.1361
February 7, 2020 February 2020 Meeting Notes
February 2020 Retired Association Meeting
Call to Order:
The membership offered prayers for the following members who passed away: Brother Don “Boo” Farren #70 on January 23, 2020; Retired Officer John Moss #870 on January 24, 2020, Brother Joe Vasco #5 on January 31, 2020,
Sheriff’s Department member Gary Powers;
The membership prayed for a speedy and complete recovery for: Brother John Fasick; Retired Officer Melvin Cheshire who is in Future Care Pine View Clinton; Brother Tony Amoia; Brother Karl Milligan Homestead Manor 410 Colonial Dr Rm 402 B Denton, Md 21629. No visitors currently. Phone calls welcome.410) 479-2273; Sister Diane Salen; Kim Swan wife of Brother Jim Swan;
Pledge of Allegiance:
Guests: Chief Stawinski and his new Chief of Staff Major Nikki Smith;
New Retirees: David Renner#2209, Clayton Perkins #2189, Cornell Cuffey #2189, David Newman #2453, Dwayne Clark #2512, Diane May #2562, Jeffrey Erler #2574,
Seldom Seen: Jerry DuCellier, Harold Mabe, Dan Robb, Bernard Joseph,
1) Lunch with Charlie Ward: Bottom of the Hill Leonardtown on February 12 at 11:30 AM, at Three Brothers Prince Frederick on February 19 at 1130 AM; and at the Double T Diner in Annapolis on February 26 at 11 AM.
2) Florida Reunion in June The Crystal River Plantation. Info on the web site.
3) Thank you cards from St. Michael’s Parish, Brother Pat Miller and Emily Grimm.
4) The Post Retirement Increase $45
5) Taxes, Maryland tax age 55 to 64 retired law enforcement doesn’t pay state tax on $15000 of retirement money. Reduce total income by the amount you pay for health care benefits to the county maximum $3000. Good tax preparer Dave Van Dyke 410-571-5366
6) Range dates February 27 and April 1, 2020
Vice President Report: Diane Salen Excused Surgery
Secretary Report: Mike Landrum Excused Family Function: 874 Members
Treasurers Report: Milt Crump
The Treasury has $40,710.33
FOP Report: President Consoli and Vice Presidents Carpenter and Mazzei were at the National FOP attending Leadership Training
- Past President Teletchea spoke to the membership about the recent active officer fatal shooting which led to the member being charges with murder. Brother Teletchea assured the membership that President Consoli, First Vice President Carpenter, Second Vice President Mazzei and Treasurer Janifer were all on the scene. The involved officer was assisted in every way possible.
Finance Committee Report: None
Raffles: 50/50: $158 Was won by Brother George Nader who donated it to the Fallen Hero’s Memorial Fund.
The Attendance Raffle for the month of February $500 was won by Brother Percy Alston who was in attendance. Brother Alston will use the money to start a scholarship fund for students at the Prince George’s County Community College Police Academy.
Good of the Order:
1) Protrack Job serving papers. Info on web site
2) St Patrick’s Day Dinner March 14, 2020 at the Hughesville American Legion
3) Mickey Ferriter thanked those members who helped clean up the Wreaths Across America at Cheltenham Cemetery. He also mentioned the long arduous task Brothers Denny Campbell and Bruce Evartt have undertaken to write the continuing story of Journey Through Time. Past President Ginny Krantz has accepted the task to write a history of the Retired Association.
4) The Retiree Calendars are here at the LODGE.
5) Brother Bill Steen brought notice of a Prince George’s Sheriff’s Detectives and Deputies Awards Luncheon sponsored by Crime Solvers on March 12, 2020 at Colony South Hotel.
6) Sister Teresa Chambers relayed that our Fallen Hero Brother Tony Kelsey’s brother Allegro. wrote to her through FACEBOOK how his family appreciates that his brother is remembered.
7) Chief Stawinski addressed the membership about the situation regarding the fatal police shooting and the charging of our active member. He fielded several questions from the membership.
Dinner: Bennett Caterers: Flank Steak w/Peppercorn Gravy; Fried Chicken white and dark Meat; Garlic Mashed Potatoes w/Gravy; Roasted Brussels Sprouts w/ a sweet chili sauce, Green Beans cooked in turkey broth and combined with green cabbage; Warm Rolls and Butter; Warm Peach Cobbler with Whip Cream; Cream Cake with toppings;
February 6, 2020 Jennifer Donelan
January 2, 2020 FOP 2020 Scholarships
Open to all Fop Members
April 8, 2018 New ID Card
PLEASE MAKE AN APPOINTMENT INCLUDING WEDNESDAYS.
PERSONNEL MUST RECEIVE APPROVAL FROM THE DEPARTMENT TO ISSUE A NEW ID CARD.
REQUESTS: Requests can be made by many ways…
- In person or by mail at the Police Personnel Division, 1801 McCormick Drive, Suite 270, Largo, Maryland 20774
- Telephone at 301-780-8195
- Email at Police_Personnel@co.pg.md.us
REQUESTOR: Please provide full name, rank, ID#, retirement date, retirement type (normal retirement or disability retirement) and driver’s license for verification purposes. The requestor must complete the Identification Card Request Form to initiate the process. This form is provided upon request.
OUT-OF-STATE: Requests for out of state members will be handled via mail or email. Passport style photographs will be required to process the ID card. The photographs can be mailed to the Police Personnel Division or emailed in a JPEG format.
PROCESSING TIMES: Please note that all members are verified prior to issuance of an ID card. Therefore, processing times may vary from person to person as these checks may take time to perform.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – Call to make an appointment
- Wednesday – Walk-in accepted
LOST/STOLEN IDENTIFICATION CARD: It is the responsibility of the retiree to report a lost or stolen police department identification card to the jurisdiction of where the incident occurred. Retirees will need to provide a copy of the police report prior to receiving an identification card.
DAMAGED IDENTIFICATION CARD: A damaged identification card regardless of state needs to be returned to the Police Personnel Division in order to receive a replacement identification card.
UPDATING IDENTIFICATION CARD: The identification card does not expire and can be updated at any time. Retirees must check with the Police Personnel Division for available dates and times prior to scheduling an appointment. Walk-ins are accepted only on Wednesdays.
PGRetiredAssn@aol.com is for use of Retired Association business. It is also the mass email address to send out membership notifications.
TOBY62@aol.com is President Phil Constantino’s personal email.
email@example.com Toni Frostbutter Nelson personal email
I hope this clears up any confusion.
CIGNA Healthcare Members Customer Service is now open 24/7. The number is 1-800-244-6224.
The County’s Pension Fund website is
If you need to get a retired ID issued, you need to contact the Police Personnel Division:301-780-8195