NATIONAL LAW ENFORCEMENT APPRECIATION DAY
January 9, 2016
2015 was a very tough year for Law Enforcement. 129 Law Enforcement Officers made the ultimate sacrifice protecting their communities. Socially, Law Enforcement Officers were often characterized as less than the noble warriors they are, protecting and serving.
As we begin 2016, I encourage all of you to start the New Year off in full support of your local Law Enforcement Officers. We must never forget, Law Enforcement Officers are on the “front lines” every night and day. We all enjoy freedoms because women and men have answered the call to serve and protect.
January 9, 2016 is the Fraternal Order of Police National Law Enforcement Appreciation Day. Showing your appreciation for Law Enforcement only takes a minute, yet it means the world to those who are all too often unappreciated.
Several ways you can show your support:
• Change your Facebook profile picture to a pro Law Enforcement image
• Thank a Law Enforcement Officer
• Wear blue clothing to show your support
• Send a card or letter to your local Law Enforcement Agency
• Share a positive Law Enforcement experience on social media
• Display a blue light at your home or business
• Visit the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/nationallawenforcementappreciationday2015/
Possibly, the best way to show your support is to share this information. After you make the commitment to show your support, contact your friends and family and encourage them to do the same. Law Enforcement Officers are part of their communities and deserve the support of their communities. A community in support of Law Enforcement leaves little space for criminals to occupy.